- 17 Feb 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Managing Your Properties
- Updated on 17 Feb 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
In DoorLoop, a Property is a complete, self-contained rentable space currently available for lease or occupied by a tenant.
After creating Properties, you can view and edit them on the Properties page.
Properties in DoorLoop can be managed, viewed and edited via a selection of searchable filters described below. In order to display the available filters, click on the filter icon to the right of the search bar.
- Viewing Your Properties List
- Searching Your Properties List
- Filtering Your Properties List
- Viewing an Individual Property
- Editing a Property
Viewing Your Properties List
Navigate to Rentals > Properties on the left menu. Below is a brief explanation of the columns on the Properties page:
- Shows the Property name and address, plus a picture if you've uploaded one
- Lists the Residential or Commercial property type
- Lists the number of active Units in the property
Searching Your Properties List
To search for a particular property, type the name into the search bar at the top of the page and DoorLoop will present all related properties. You can also use the Search properties bar on the Properties page itself.
Filtering Your Properties List
To filter the list of properties on the Properties page, click on the filter icon to the right of the search bar. You can filter by the following criteria:
- Display all the units contained within a single Portfolio by typing the name of the portfolio and selecting the portfolio from the drop-down list.
- Select between Active and Inactive to display the properties that are currently active or inactive within DoorLoop.
- Display all the units owned by a specific Owner by typing the name of the owner and selecting the owner from the drop-down list.
- Choose if you’d like to display Commercial or Residential properties.
- Select the specific property type you would like to display from the list of residential and commercial property types.
Viewing an Individual Property
Clicking on a property from the list brings you to the Overview tab of that property. Here you will see information about the property collated from all across DoorLoop. You can also use the Quick Actions buttons to create a New Lease, New unit, or View settings for that property.
The list below explains the various tabs of a property:
- Overview: View information about your property
- Reports: Property specific reporting, pre-filtered for that property
- Units: List of the property's units to view and edit
- Leases: List of the property's leases to view and edit
- Tenants: List of the property's tenants to view and edit
- Rental Applications: List of rental applications submitted for that property
- Signature Requests: List of eSigned documents related to that property
- Tasks: View, edit, and create property-specific tasks
- Notes: Central location for creating notes on the property
- Files: View and upload files related to the property
- Settings: Control all aspects of your property
Editing a Property
DoorLoop allows you to edit a property by clicking on the three dots on the right hand side of each property line on the Properties page and selecting Edit. You can also edit a property by clicking on the blue circle with three dots in the upper right corner when viewing that individual property and selecting Edit.
Once selected, you will be able to edit the following information within each unit:
- General Information: Property name, address, and an optional description
- Photos: Add pictures for reference and creating online listings
- Property Type: Change your property type for online listings
- Amenities: Track property amenities for online listings
- Pet Policy: Create a pet policy for online listings
Any changes made here will be instantly updated across DoorLoop.